Come join a vibrant team of professionals who practice medicine by spending quality time with patients, understanding their needs and determining the best treatment options available. The full-time Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner will provide clinical services in the client’s workplace clinic practicing primary care. The practitioner is expected to deliver excellent clinical care in accordance with current, nationally recognized standards and guidelines to patients with diverse illnesses and injuries.
This employer based clinic is anticipated to be fast-paced and is located in the charming town of Austin, MN. The provider will practice alongside a registered nurse and a medical assistant. The work week is Monday through Friday with some possible Saturday hours (no call). The position requires a good working relationship with the employer, the supervising /collaborating physician and medical leadership. The practitioner will work in close cooperation with the lead RN, medical assistant and operations leader to ensure optimal clinic operation.
- 40 hours a week
- M-F, 8 AM - 5 PM with possible Saturday morning hours
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluation and treatment of illnesses and injuries while functioning as an advocate for both the patient/employee and the employer
- Ability to conduct physical exams and interpret exam results required for regulatory and policy compliance, e.g., physical abilities testing
- Assist with pre-employment and employee drug screens.
- Discuss patient care with the supervising/collaborative physician, the patient’s primary care physician (where applicable) and other care-givers as appropriate.
- Compliance with CDC guidelines for vaccine storage, handling, and administration.
- Initial evaluation and stabilization of patients who present with illnesses or injuries that require a higher level of care or EMS transport.
- Complete and timely documentation of clinical care in the electronic medical record
- Must have at least 1 year experience in primary care/ family / urgent care / occupational health
- Active Minnesota license
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) Certification
- DEA certification
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
DFW Texas Staffing
N/A, Austin, MN, N/A, Gevonna Williams