Kansas City Area Job Area Support / Job Transition / Job Clubs / Networking Groups Calendar as of 2/1/2021
Catholic Career Roundtable Job Club (Online)
Saturday 8:30-9:30 a.m. (Zoom call), 9:30-10am (Networking)
ZOOM call information - go to www.CatholicCareerRoundtable.com
Phillip Morgan (816-582-1809), Dave McClain, Judy Bond
Church of the Resurrection Job Club (Online)
8:30-10:30 a.m., Fridays
You can find the latest information on the Job Club meeting each week in the LinkedIn group called Finding a Professional Job in Kansas City, and by using the link below: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4640697/ .
The unique Zoom meeting link will be posted each week on this site by Wednesday afternoon, and can be opened in time for the meeting on Friday morning at 8:30 am.
Church of the Resurrection: Job Seeker's Prayer and Support Group (Online)
6:30-8:00 p.m., Thursdays on Zoom
Register for this Zoom meeting by copying and pasting the link below into the search bar on your computer, then press Enter. https://us04web.zoom.us/meeting/register/uJckcuigrzMvpgrwkdN9KjeWZ1eoh5ncBQ
Holy Trinity Catholic Church: Career Transition Ministry (CTM) Group (Online)
Noon - 2:00 p.m. every second Wednesday of the month
7:00 - 9:00 p.m. every fourth Thursday of the month
• Meetings are a video conference on the BlueJeans Video Conferencing App (by Verizon) platform
• Announcement of all meeting IDs and Passcodes for each meeting will be emailed to current CTM participants and posted on htlenexa.org on the CTM web pages. If you would like to be added to our mailing list, send your contact information to Judy before the meeting dates.
• There are two ways to access each meeting by video conferencing.
• To join by laptop or desktop computer - Click on the link provided in Judy’s email or on the web site, or copy and paste the URL into your browser for that particular date, then enter your name. You do not need to download anything else to your computer.
• To join from your mobile device: phone, tablet, iPad, etc. you will need to download the BlueJeans Video Conferencing app on the device that you will use for the meeting. Click on the link provided in Judy’s email or on the web site, or copy and paste the URL into your browser for the meeting date you want to attend.
Kansas City Metro Networking Job Club (LinkedIn Group)
The Kansas City Metro Networking Job Club is an online social networking job club site. Networking & support is for all those searching for work or seeking to change careers in the metro Kansas City area. This group is open also to those who can help the job seeker's in their search for employment or their quest to change careers. Maureen Reintjes, 816-591-9559, deskside2yahoo.com
Kansas Works / Workforce Partnership: Mature Workers Roundtable (Age 50+)
• Meeting Schedules - Quarterly meeting dates and schedules are emailed to the names on the mailing list. If you want to be added to the email mailing list, call (913-279-2628) to have your email address added to the mailing list. To join the meeting:
• Join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, or Android device: Please copy and paste the Link and Passcode listed in your meeting email into your search bar on your computer, then press Enter.
• Or by Phone: For the best quality, dial one of these ZOOM numbers: 929-205-6099 or 301-715-8592 or 312-626-6799 or 669-900-6833. Then enter the Webinar ID # and the Passcode listed in your meeting email.
• Or in Person: Call the Center early to register before the meeting date (Limited to 8 participants in the Center). Only pre-registered people can attend this meeting in person)
• One-On-One coaching, resume writing and job search assistance is also available. Call Molly Turney to set up an appointment
Check out other job resources available at this location. Johnson County Workforce Partnership, 8535 Bluejacket Street, Lenexa, KS 66214 (Other offices in Leavenworth & Wyandotte) Call Molly first for an appointment.
OMNI: Careers, Connections, & Coffee (Online)
First Wednesday each month, 8:00-9:00 a.m.; Third Wednesday each month, 4:30-5:30 pm: Please check the website for the bi-monthly meeting schedule. To register and get the Zoom login information, please click on About OMNI / Events /Careers & Connections Networking Event / Join Us Virtually to attend the meeting.
OMNI Human Resource Management, 8700 Indian Creek Parkway, Building 3, Suite 250, Overland Park, KS 66210
St. John LaLande Catholic Church
9:00-11:00 a.m., 1st Wednesday of the month. (Or by appointments on other days)
805 Northwest R.D. Mize Road, Blue Springs, MO 64015, Clairey Room
Workforce Partnership Talent Support Network (Job Club)
No meetings until March 24, 2021 Check website under Events/Workshops tab for meeting dates & topics, and under the Job Seekers tab for Job Seeker Tools. 8535 Bluejacket Street, Lenexa, KS 66214, www.workforcepartnership.com
www.linkedin.com - Click on the Jobs tab in your LinkedIn profile. Review the information under each one of these sub-tabs - My Jobs (Job Alerts, Salary, Skills Assessment, More (Interview Prep - 26 Questions, Resume Builder, Application Settings), Search by Title, Skill, Company, City, State, or Zip Code, Jobs Recommended for You (Based on Your Profile)
www.kansascityjobseekers.com - A calendar of job search resources, networking events, job fairs, workshops, and job listings (Internships, Marketing / Social Media, Web / Graphic Designer) in the Kansas City area is provided by Mark Van Baale. Go to this website to see the latest schedule of events.
https://www.npconnect.org/career-center/ - Find your nonprofit opportunity. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering one of the premier nonprofit position information portals on the web. On any given day, over 60 openings are posted under the Career Center tab - Jobs, Internships, Board Positions, and Volunteer Opportunities. This association serves more than 7,000 professional members from over 800 organizations. For more information, call 816-888-5600 or visit the web site.
www.1millioncups.com - 1 Million Cups is a free national program designed to educate, engage, and connect entrepreneurs. Developed by the Kauffman Foundation, 1MC is based on the notion that entrepreneurs discover solutions and network over a million cups of coffee. Through the power of volunteers, 1 Million Cups has grown to more than 160 communities across our nation.
Every Wednesday morning at 9:00 (CST), two local entrepreneurs present their businesses to a diverse audience of their peers, mentors, educators, and advisors. The audience works with the entrepreneurs to empower them with the tools and resources that help break down barriers that stand in the way of starting and growing their businesses. Click on this link (https://www.1millioncups.com/kansascity) to see the meeting dates and times, and to join the meeting on Zoom.
Johnson County Library - Online courses. Visit www.jocolibrary.org/elibrary/elearning to see a list of eLearning resources. With a Johnson County Library card, you can access Lynda.com and Universal Class courses for free!
• Career Planning and Jobs webpage:
• Career and Finance programs:
Enterprise University (Enterprise Bank) - Spring (Start March, 2021) and Fall courses are open to the public at no cost. Visit www.enterprisebank.com/eu (under Enterprise University tab) for a list of the classes and dates/times, and to register for any classes. Enterprise University classes are designed to challenge and energize attendees with thought-provoking material from presenters who have lived what they're teaching.
Network After Work (Kansas City) is America's premier face-to-face business networking organization with monthly mixer events in 85+ cities. Meet executives and professionals for new opportunities. You’ll make great connections in a fun and relaxed atmosphere while expanding your network of contacts to fuel your career or business goals. To register, for more information, and the meeting schedule, go to: https://www.meetup.com/Network-After-Work-Kansas-City-Networking-Events/.
KCSourceLink.com - Your guide to entrepreneurship in Kansas City - The site contains information: For Growth Companies, For Investors, For KC Resource Organizations, For Job Seekers https://www.kcsourcelink.com/
For Jobs, Click on “Apply for a job on the Startland News Startup Job Board” to see a list of Part-Time and Full-Time positions. Search by keywords, locations, etc.
Kansas Career Navigator https://kscareernav.gov
The Kansas Career Navigator is an intuitive dashboard intended to aid in the selection of education and training programs, access workforce training providers, analyze performance information, and labor market information. Additionally, by navigating this site, a user has real-time access to high demand, high wage opportunities by county or local area selection.
Take the helm in learning more about wages, job openings, education and work experience expectations, access provider listings, forecasted vacancies and much, much more.
Click on the Kansas Works logo & Create a Job Seeker Profile Account.
With this account you can:
• Perform advanced job searches
• Create and post resumes
• Save your job searches
• Receive job alerts by email or text
• And many more benefits for free
For additional information, go back and Click on the Kansas Department of Labor logo on the home page for:
• Labor Market data
• Monthly Labor Reports
• What’s New
www.CareerUSA.org - "Giving you the tools you need to land your next great opportunity"