Kansas City Area Job Area Support / Job Transition / Job Clubs / Networking Groups Calendar as of 3/14/2022
Catholic Career Roundtable Job Club (In-Person)
Saturday 8:30-9:30 a.m. (Meeting), 9:30-10am (Networking)
Good Shepherd Parish, 12800 West 75th Street, Shawnee, KS 66216
Contact: (816-582-1809), Phillip Morgan, Dave McClain, Judy Bond
Church of the Resurrection Job Club (In-Person or Online)
In-Person - 8:30-10:30 a.m., Fridays, 13720 Roe Avenue, Leawood, KS 66224, Building C, Room C041
Online - You can find the latest information on the online Job Club meeting each week in the LinkedIn group called Finding a Professional Job in Kansas City, and by using the link below: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4640697/ . Check meeting dates on this site.
The unique Zoom meeting link will be posted each week on this site by Thursday afternoon, and can be opened in time for the meeting on Friday morning at 8:30 am.
Church of the Resurrection: Job Seeker's Prayer and Support Group (Online)
6:30-8:00 p.m., Thursdays on Zoom
Register for this Zoom meeting by copying and pasting the link below into the search bar on your computer, then press Enter. https://us04web.zoom.us/meeting/register/uJckcuigrzMvpgrwkdN9KjeWZ1eoh5ncBQ
Holy Trinity Catholic Church: Career Transition Ministry (CTM) Group
• ONLINE meetings are on hiatus until June 2022
• Individual One-on-one meetings are still available.
• Topics availalbe: resume writing, cover letters, informational interviews, networking, job search plan, salary negotiation, job search questions, etc.
Kansas City Metro Networking Job Club (LinkedIn Group Only)
The Kansas City Metro Networking Job Club is an online social networking job club site. Networking & support is for all those searching for work or seeking to change careers in the metro Kansas City area. This group is open also to those who can help the job seeker's in their search for employment or their quest to change careers. Maureen Reintjes, 816-591-9559
Kansas Works / Workforce Partnership: Mature Workers Roundtable (Age 50+)
• Meeting Schedules - Quarterly online meeting dates and schedules are emailed to the names on the mailing list. If you want to be added to the email mailing list, call (913-279-2628) to have your email address added to the mailing list. To join the meeting:
• Join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, or Android device: Please copy and paste the Link and Passcode listed in your meeting email into your search bar on your computer, then press Enter.
• Or by Phone: For the best quality, dial one of these ZOOM numbers: 929-205-6099 or 301-715-8592 or 312-626-6799 or 669-900-6833. Then enter the Webinar ID # and the Passcode listed in your meeting email.
• Or in Person: Call the Center early to register before the meeting date (Limited to 8 participants in the Center). Only pre-registered people can attend this meeting in person)
• One-On-One coaching, resume writing and job search assistance is also available. Call Molly Turney to set up an appointment
Check out other job resources available at this location. Johnson County Workforce Partnership, 8535 Bluejacket Street, Lenexa, KS 66214 (Other offices in Leavenworth & Wyandotte) Call Molly first for an appointment.
OMNI: Human Resources: Careers & Connections Networking (Online)
First Wednesday each month, 8:00-9:00 a.m.; Please check the website for the bi-monthly meeting schedule. To register and get the Zoom login information, please click on About OMNI / Events /Careers & Connections Networking Event / Join Us Virtually to attend the meeting.
OMNI Human Resource Management, 8700 Indian Creek Parkway, Building 3, Suite 250, Overland Park, KS 66210
St. John LaLande Catholic Church (In-Person)
9:00-11:00 a.m., 1st Wednesday of the month. (Or by appointments on other days)
805 Northwest R.D. Mize Road, Blue Springs, MO 64015, Clairey Room
Workforce Partnership Talent Support Network - Check the Website
Check website under the Job Seekers tab for Job Seeker Tools, (Resume Assistance, Networking, Interviewing Skills, Skill Assessment, Education and Training, Job Search Tools). 8535 Bluejacket Street, Lenexa, KS 66214, www.workforcepartnership.com
www.linkedin.com - Click on the Jobs tab in your LinkedIn profile. Review the information under each one of these sub-tabs - My Jobs (Job Alerts, Salary, Skills Assessment, More (Interview Prep - 26 Questions, Resume Builder, Application Settings), Search by Title, Skill, Company, City, State, or Zip Code, Jobs Recommended for You (Based on Your Profile)
Jobs.AARP.org - AARP connects you with employers that value your experience. This Job Board is designed with you in mind. Match your years of valuable experience with employers that are committed to an age-diverse workforce. You can narrow your search with easy-to-use filters to focus on what matters most - whether it’s where you work or how you work – like full-time or part-time. Make sure you complete your profile 100%.
Search Tabs – My+ Account, Search, My Resumes, Job Alert, Employer Directory, Resources
Use the Search Engine to look for opportunities (Job Title, Key Words, or Company / City, State, or Zip Code / Search Radius - in miles).
https://www.npconnect.org/career-center/ - Find your nonprofit opportunity. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering one of the premier nonprofit position information portals on the web. On any given day, over 60 openings are posted under the Career Center tab - Jobs, Internships, Board Positions, and Volunteer Opportunities. This association serves more than 7,000 professional members from over 800 organizations. For more information, call 816-888-5600 or visit the web site.
www.1millioncups.com - 1 Million Cups is a free national program designed to educate, engage, and connect entrepreneurs. Developed by the Kauffman Foundation, 1MC is based on the notion that entrepreneurs discover solutions and network over a million cups of coffee. Through the power of volunteers, 1 Million Cups has grown to more than 160 communities across our nation.
The group meets every Wednesday morning (In-Person and Zoom) at 9:00 (CST), two local entrepreneurs present their businesses to a diverse audience of their peers, mentors, educators, and advisors. The audience works with the entrepreneurs to empower them with the tools and resources that help break down barriers that stand in the way of starting and growing their businesses. Click on this link (https://www.1millioncups.com/kansascity) to see the meeting dates and times, and to join the meeting on Zoom https://kauffman.zoom.us/j/97200919140
Johnson County Library - Go to www.jocolibrary.org to find support for your job search.
• Online Career and Finance programs: https://jocolibrary/bibliocommons.com/events
• Online Programs Archive: https://www.jocolibrary.org/research/access-online-programs-archive-0
• Online Career Development Resources: https://www.jocolibrary.org/research/career-development
• Career & Finance eNewsletter Signup and Archive: https://www.jocolibrary.org/using-the-library/newsletter
• Online Personal Finance Resources: https://www.jocolibrary.org/research/personal-finance
• Online courses: Visit www.jocolibrary.org/elibrary/elearning to see a list of eLearning resources.
With a Johnson County Library card, you can access Universal Class and Udemy courses for free!
Network After Work (Kansas City) is America's premier face-to-face business networking organization with monthly (ONLINE) mixer events in 85+ cities. Meet executives and professionals for new opportunities. You’ll make great connections in a fun and relaxed atmosphere while expanding your network of contacts to fuel your career or business goals. To register, for more information, and the meeting schedule, go to: https://www.meetup.com/Network-After-Work-Kansas-City-Networking-Events/. Click on the Events tab for the meeting schedule, registration, and click Select Event Type.
KCSourceLink.com - Your guide to entrepreneurship in Kansas City - The site contains information: For Growth Companies, For Investors, For KC Resource Organizations, For Job Seekers https://www.kcsourcelink.com/
For Jobs, Click on “Apply for a job on the Startland News Startup and Innovation Jobs Board” to see a list of Part Time and Full-Time positions. Search by Key Words, Locations, Choose a Category (Co-founder, Accounting/Finance, Admin/Customer Service, Design/Creative, Engineering/IT, HR, Management, Marketing, Sales, etc.). Choose a type of job (Freelance, Full-time, Internship, Part-Time, Temporary).
CareerUSA.org / CareerDFW.org
CareerUSA.org (a CareerDFW website) is for anyone in career transition. We are broadcasting live free career training workshops and seminars 4 days a week. LinkedIn Tuesdays at 1pm Central, Interviewing Wednesdays at 1pm Central, Effective Resume Seminar - 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 1pm Central, Networking Seminar - 2nd and 4th Thursdays at 1pm Central, North Dallas / Plano Career Focus Group Fridays at 930am Central To see past recordings visit the CareerUSA YouTube channel. They are broken down into several playlists: LinkedIn Training, Interview Training, Effective Resume Training, and Speakers who have presented to the North Dallas / Plano Career Focus Group on different topics.
ONETonline - Build your future with ONETonline, a tool for career exploration and job analysis. This website has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by jobseekers, workforce development, and HR professionals, students, research, and more.
Check these tabs - Help (Jobseeker Help, Job Accommodations, etc.), Find Occupations, Advanced Search, Crosswalks
Job Search Engines to check - www.indeed.com, www.careerbuilder.com, www.linkedin.com, www.glassdoor.com, www.simplyhired.com, www.getwork.com (formerly www.linkup.com), www.snagajob.com, www.facebook.com/jobs, www.ziprecruiter.com, www.roberthalf.com/jobs .
Job Boards for REMOTE Jobs to check - Talent.Hubstaff.com, WeWorkRemotely.com, VirtualVocations.com, Remote.co, WorkingNomads.co, JobsPresso.co, Remotive.io, Crossover.com, JustRemote.co, SkipTheDrive.com, etc.
Kansas Career Navigator https://kscareernav.gov
The Kansas Career Navigator is an intuitive dashboard intended to aid in the selection of education and training programs, access workforce training providers, analyze performance information, and labor market information. Additionally, by navigating this site, a user has real-time access to high demand, high wage opportunities by county or local area selection.
Take the helm in learning more about wages, job openings, education and work experience expectations, access provider listings, forecasted vacancies and much, much more.
Click on the Kansas Works logo & Create a Job Seeker Profile Account.
With this account you can:
• Perform and save advanced searches to find the job that's perfect for you.
• Create and post an unlimited number of resumes with our resume wizard.
• Explore the most in-demand occupations by industry and location.
• Find on-the-job training and apprenticeship opportunities.
• Fulfill unemployment insurance requirements.
• Connect with career counselors for advice and support.
How we can help job seekers:
- Creating a professional resume can be intimidating. With our step-by-step resume-building wizard, put together a resume that showcases your strengths and experiences with minimal effort.
- Want a new career? Connect with a career counselor about state and federally funded (aka, free!) opportunities to learn in-demand skills and gain industry-recognized credentials.
- Manage your job searches, update your account, and receive job match alerts. KANSASWORKS is mobile responsive and easy to use from any phone, tablet, or PC.
For additional information, go back and Click on the Kansas Department of Labor logo on the home page for:
• Labor Market data
• What’s New
www.CareerUSA.org - "Giving you the tools you need to land your next great opportunity"