Resume Writing Tips
- A good resume will let employers know that you are organized, focused and know what your goals are. So make sure those ideals are reflected.
- Keep it short and to the point. Any additional information can be given at the time of your interview.
- Keep it relative. If it's information that has no bearing on the essential function of the job, it doesn't need to be listed.
- Use bullet points. Bullets points will allow someone to quickly scan your resume and still absorb the information.
- Use buzzwords. If there are terms that demonstrate your knowledge in your field, use them.
- Proofread your resume for grammar, spelling and punctuation errors.
- Don't underestimate the importance of a job specific cover letter. This is also an opportunity to showcase your skills, so use it.