After you find a company, here are some sites that you can use to research the company.
- http://www.business.com -
- http://biz.yahoo.com/p - Research tool Drill down through the levels...Choose industry sector, then industry, then company
- http://www.corporateinformation.com - Corporate Information
- http://finance.yahoo.com/ - Yahoo! Finance
- http://goliath.ecnext.com - for some private companies
- http://www.edgar-online.com/ - SEC website - company research
- http://www.fortune.com/fortune/fortune500 - The Fortune 500
- http://www.google.com/ - Search engine
- http://www.hoovers.com/free - Research tool (Limited FREE information) Paid subscription - library access
- http://www.ithaca.edu/library/biblio/companynet.htm - A guide to company information using only the internet
- http://www.referenceusa.com/ - Research tool Paid subscription - must get access thru a library
- http://www.thevault.com/ - Career information tool
- http://www.wikipedia.org/ - free online encyclopedia
You can get a card at UTD (not sure about the other university libraries) and have access to all business resources.
The Plano libraries resources are available online with your card number. If you go to the local library, they will give you a card and tell you how to access the info.