I just lost my job...what do I do now?
1) File for unemployment - Find your states information at https://www.benefits.gov/benefit/91
2) Here are two handouts from Certified Career Coach Gayle Bridgeman https://www.linkedin.com/in/gaylebridgeman/
3) Here is a 68 page document written in 2011 on what to do during the first 90 days of your job search. Click here.
5) Here are two presentations from Gail Houston https://www.linkedin.com/in/gailhouston/
- Resume Advice: Its Not to Early to Start
- Understanding the Benefits and Dangers of Social Media in Your Job Search
Where to find a job TODAY:
1) Texas Workforce Solutions - Jobs Now 2020 - https://workforcesolutions.net/#jobsnow
2) Here's who's hiring right now by Andrew Seaman, Editor at LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/feed/news/heres-whos-hiring-right-now-4525187/
3) From the Dallas Regional Chamber - https://sayyestodallas.com/jobs/displaced-workers/
Where to find career training:
Find a career group meeting online on www.CareerDFW.org at https://careerdfw.org/J/calendar/webinars,-teleseminars,-radio-tv-shows.html (All times listed are Central time)
Find recorded career training videos on the CareerDFW Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CareerDFW